한국문학번역원 로고 25주년 로고
- Translation & Publication Grants
- International Exchanges
- Overseas Promotion
- Training Program for Translators
- LTI Korea Library
- Informatization program
- Published Materials
- Media Resources Center
- Korean Literature in English
- List of Translated Titles
- Book Proposals
- News from Abroad
About LTI Korea
- Customer Service Center
- Translation and Publication Grants for Overseas Publishers
- Special Translation Program
- Publication Grants
- LTI Korea Translation Award
- International Exchange Program
- Support for Korean Diaspora Literature Events
- Seoul International Writers' Festival
- Bilingual Readings
- International Publishers Roundtable
- Korean Literature Review Contest
- Introductory Materials on Korean Literature
- Korean Literature Now (KLN): English Quarterly on Korean Literature
- Public Relations
- Translation Academy
- Overseas Translation Workshops
- Cultural Contents Translation Symposium
- Support for Translation Internships
- Digital Library of Korean Literature
- Provision of Korean Literature Resources
- Korean Literature Now
- Sign Up for Our Newsletter
News & Media
- SNS Collection
- Message from the President
- List of Former Presidents
- LTI Korea History
- KLWAVE (Korean Literature Wave)
- KLN MagazineKorean Literature Now
- Diaspora Books
- Media Translation Contest
Digital Library of Korean Literature Visit a Web Sites
The Digital Library of Korean Literature is an online information platform for Korean literature that offers multilingual resources. It continues to expand its collection and production of diverse content, and serves a platform for sharing and disseminating Korean literature across the world through systematic classification and organization as well as an efficient search system.
Korean Literature Content
- Korean Writers
- Book Reviews
- Digital Magazine
- International Events
- Korean e-books
- Multilingual e-books(Overdrive)
- E-books published by LTI Korea
- Search all contents / lists
- Detailed search
- Search directory (region, language, year, literary genre, publisher, etc.)
Book Ordering System
- Ordering system for overseas publications of Korean literature
- Series collection
- Korean Literature in the World
Hyeonju Jang Contents Management Team
E-mail. [email protected]
Family Site STORY OF KOREA --> KOREA.net MCST KOREA FOUNDATION SEOUL SELECTION Korean Film Council GeyongGi Cultural Foundation Arts Council Korea Korean Literature in Translation London Korean Links Go
06083 LTI Korea, 32, Yeongdong-daero 112-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea TEL: +82-2-6919-7714 / FAX: +82-2-3448-4247
Copyright(c) 2019 Literature Translation Institute of Korea. All Rights Reserved.
Korean e-resources : Literature
- << Previous: History
- Next: North Korea >>
- Library catalogs
- Journals and magazines
- Primary sources
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Films and other visual resources
- North Korea
- Other resources
- Korean romanization
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2022 3:07 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.stanford.edu/korean-e-resources
- Order Account
- Digital Library of Korean Literature
Ask a Librarian
We provide frequently asked questions and answers about the LIT Korea Library and the Digital Library of Korean Literature.
- Hours & Location
- Library Membership
- Using this Website
- The Translation Academy
- Using the Library
- E-book & Audiobook
TheDigital Library of Korean Literature offers a variety of e-books, Audiobooks and digital magazine services, which are available online to all our members.
Please log in as a member of the Digital Library of Korean Literature to access our services.
The library provides reference copies of set texts taught at the Translation Academy, which can be found in a separate section. The reference books are available for use or photocopying in the library. Students of the Translation Academy may borrow from the library using their student cards.
The Translation Academy runs a number of courses throughout the year, designed to foster professional translators of Korean literature. Please visit the academy website for further information.
- English: https://www.ltikorea.or.kr/en/tranacademy.do
- Korean: https://www.ltikorea.or.kr/tranacademy.do
Address : Yeongdongdaero 112 Gil 32(Samseongdong), Gangnamgu, Seoul, 135-873 (old address: 108-5 Samseongdong, Gangnamgu, Seoul).
- Line 9 : Bongeunsa Station / come out of Exit 4 and turn left, then turn right and walk straight on until you see the LTI Korea building on your right (about 3 minutes)
- Line 7 : Cheongdam Station / come out of Exit 1 and walk straight on, turn left at the police station and continue walking until you see the LTI Korea building on your right (about 12 minutes)
- Line 2 : Samseong Station / come out of Exit 7 and walk straight on, turn right when you reach Bongeunsa Station Exit 3, and walk straight on until you see the LTI Korea building (about 12 minutes)
- Green : 3417, 2411, 2413, 3217, 3218, 3414, 3415, 2413, 3217, 3218, 3412
- Red : 9407
- Yellow : 41
- Blue: 640, 143, 146, 301, 362, 401, 640, 36, 143 146, 301, 362, 401
- Airport limousine : 602-1, 606, CALT
- Free parking available(due to limited parking availability, we strongly recommend using public transportation)
Monday-Friday 09:00 – 18:00 (11:30 – 12:30 Closed for Lunch)
Evening opening hours during Translation Academy term time
Monday-Thursday 18:00 – 22:00
Please submit your application to [email protected]. with the following information:
- Your name, affiliation & reasons for applying, and requested date & time.
All members of the library may recommend books or other materials for purchase. The library will review each request in terms of its suitability before making a purchase. To suggest a new book, please send the following information to [email protected].
- Eligibility: LTI Korea Library members
- Materials: Books, DVDs, periodicals, etc.
- Required information: Language/title/author/year of publication/publisher
- Optional information: Web link to recommendation, ISBN, etc.
The library does not charge overdue fines but your library privileges may be restricted in the future.
Printing, scanning, and copying services are available for free.
Some of the old books, periodicals, reports published by LTI Korea, and reference copies of titles on the list of designated books for translation support are not available for borrowing.
On holidays and weekends, you may return books to the book drop located outside the library.
You can renew a book loan in person or by telephone (+82-2-6919-7755) during opening hours. You can also do this online by logging in to your account ( http://library.klti.or.kr )
You can borrow our e-books for free and subscribe to our free monthly newsletter that offers the latest information on the digital contents of Korean literature and new arrivals.
You can register as a member on our website (https://library.ltikorea.or.kr/user/type)
We offer a list translated books in each language to scholars and academics of Korean literature. Please send your request to [email protected] .
The LTI Korea e-Library collects various resources of Korean literature and makes them available online. The following content can be accessed:
Korean Titles in Translation : Bibliographic information on Korean titles in translation published in multiple languages
Book Reviews : Book reviews of translated Korean titles published in literary journals, magazines or blogs
Korean Writers ABC List: Information on Korean writers listed in alphabetical order
News from Abroad : International media coverage (news articles) of Korean literature International
Events : Information on overseas literary events featuring Korean writers and their works
E-books : E-books of Korean titles in translation, including LTI Korea’s 20th Century Korean Literature E-Book Series and works from New Writing from Korea, are available for borrowing.
Videos : A collection of video clips of Korean authors, works and literary events
Audios : A collection of audio files of Korean literature resources including readings
Hub Library Members Program Guide
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
- 1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
- 2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
- 1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
- 2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
- 3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
- 4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
- 1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
- 2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
- 3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below. Thank you.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : [email protected]
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on korean literature., 2. consent to collection and use of personal information.
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.
Korean Studies: Literature
- General Reference
- News Sources
- North Korea
- Korean Language
Open Access Literature Databases
- Digital Library of Korean Literature / 한국문학 디지털도서관 [English/Korean] : As the world’s only multilingual archive of Korean literature and related contents, the LTI Korea Library provides various types of resources from all over the world, including e-books and bibliographic information on translated Korean works, as well as introductory materials on Korean writers, and overseas press releases. To access full-texts of literature as well as other E-Resource (Videos, or Audios) , you will need to create an account and allow for popups .
LTI Korea: Literature Translation Institute of Korea / 한국문학번역원 [English/Korean] :
Media Resources Center ( Video clips of interviews with writers ) ; E-books ( 20th century Korean Literature / Digital Library of Korean Classics / Korean Literature in English / Modern Korean Poetry ) ; List of Translated Titles available.
- 한국고전번역원 (Institute for the Translation of Korean Classics)
- 한국고전종합DB (Database of Korean classics)
Korean Classic Literature
Books on Korean Literature
Books 한국 문학 비평
- [근대문학] 1960년대 현실주의 문학비평과 매체의 비평전략 by 하상일 저 ISBN: 8956263019 Publication Date: 2012
- [현대문학] 한국현대문학비평사 by 김영민 저 ISBN: 9788988375365 Publication Date: 2012
- [근대문학] 프로문학의 감성구조 by 손유경 저 ISBN: 9788956267401 Publication Date: 2015
- [근대문학] 한국 근ㆍ현대 여성문학 장의 형성 : 문학제도와 양식 by 김양선 저 ISBN: 9788956267838 Publication Date: 2015
Korean Contemporary Poems
- More Contemporary Poems in English
Korean Contemporary Fiction in English
- More Contemporary Fictions in English
Korean Contemporary Fiction in Korean
- 역사 는 흐른다 : 장편 소설. by Han, Mu-suk ISBN: 8932470405 Publication Date: 1992
- 토지 대하 소설 T'oji : taeha sosŏl / 土地 : 大河 小說 v. 1-13 by 박경리 작 / 朴 景利 作. Publication Date: 1976
- Onŭl ŭi Han'guk munhak 33-in sŏn. 오늘 의 韓國 文學 33人 選. v. 1-33 Publication Date: 1993
- 메아리 논술 한국 문학 v. 1-36 by 편집위원 金 東里 김동리 ISBN: 8914009173 Publication Date: 1996
- More Contemporary Fictions in Korean
North Korean Literature Translated into English
Fictions about North Korea
See other books for " Stories of North Korean Defectors " under the " North Korea " tab.
Fictions about Korean War
Books on North Korean Literature
- More Books on North Korean Literature at GW & Consortium
- North Korean Literature in English North Korean state produced fictions are summarized by Meredith "Changmi" Shaw.
- More Graphic Novels in Korean
- << Previous: Films
- Next: Korean Language >>
- Last Updated: Mar 2, 2023 7:52 AM
- URL: https://libguides.gwu.edu/korea
Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism:National Library of Korea
Total search, search keyword auto complete list.
- Digitized resource
- Other Library Resources
- Downloadable Viewer Program
- Search Guide
- Digital Collection
- Korean Newspaper Archive
- Official Gazette
- Overseas Materials Related to Korea
- Recommend Book by NLK Librarian
- List of video data
- Online Archiving & Searching Internet Sources(OASIS)
- Open Access Korea (OAK)
- Korean Old and Rare Collection Information System (KORCIS)
- Collection Development Policy
- Legal Deposit and Acquisition
- Information Organization
- Bibliography Publishing
- Cooperative Activities
- Librarian Training
- International Standard Identifiers (ISBN/ISSN/ISNI)
- Research Information Services
- IFLA PAC Korea Center
- International Network for Korean Studies Librarians
- Opening Hours
- How to Use the Library
- Resource Rooms
- Library Tours
- Visiting the Library
- Welcome Message
- Organization Chart
- Collection Statistics
- Cultural Assets
- Introduction by Category
- Ancient document
- National Treasure
- Politics and Law/Economy/Military
- Natural Science/Medical Science
- Hero Novels
- Social Novels
- Family Saga Novels
- Detective Novels
- Romance Novels
- Introducing of the First issue of the Magazine
- Retrieved the Magazine
- Textbooks during the Enlightenment period
- Textbooks during the Japanese Occupation Period
- Textbooks during the Liberation and Government Establishing Period
- Figures who shone the Ancient Times
- Figures who made Goryeo Dynasty shine
- Figures who made Joseon Dynasty shine
- Figures who made Modern and Contemporary shine
- Summary of Economy Development in Korea
- Korean Economy in View of Outside
- KDI Representative joint report
- Major Publications about Economy
- Major Economic policy in Korea
- Introducing of Dongeuibogam medical books in the world
- Inside Dongeuibogam
- Dongeuibogam for People All around the World
- Dongeuibogam in Everyday Life
- Korea's Famous Current Affairs Cartoon, Gobawu
- Seonghwan Kim: A Short Biography
- Time of Restoration after the Korean War
- Time of Contrast in Ideology
- Increased Economic Growth
- Ancient War Stories
- War Stories of the Goryeo Dynasty
- War stories of the Joseon Dynasty
- Story of Modern War
- Dokdo in Korean History
- Dokdo on Old Maps of the East
- People in the History of Dokdo
- Dokdo in the Eyes of the World
- Eastern end of Korea, Dokdo
- Name of Dokdo
- Sea of Dokdo, Donghae
- Description of the History of the Royal Family
- The Lineage of the Royal Family
- Politics of the Royal Family
- Rites of the Royal Family
- Acaemic Studies of the Royal Family
- Literature of the Royal Family
- Why now is the time to pay attention to Seonbi?
- Various models of Seonbi
- There were a lot of women seonbis as well
- Looking for a new seonbi
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Commonwealth of Independent States(CIS)
- Catalog by subject
- Film Catalog
- 1. General Direction of the Collection Development Policy
- 2. Basic Principles of the Collection Development Policy
- 3. Collection Development Guidelines by Type of Resource
- 4. Guidelines for Preservation, Withdrawal and Discard of Library Collection
- 5. Cooperative Collection Development Strategy and Evaluation Cycle
- Legal Deposit
- International Exchange
- Domestic Cooperation
- International Cooperation
- Education Video
- Preservation Workshop
- Preservation Seminar
- Preservation Support
- Major Activities
- IFLA PAC Korea Center Publications
- Resource Preservation and Conservation Info
Using the Library
- Guided Library Tours
About the Library
International Cooperation Activities
National library of korea’s news & videos.
- VR Tour MORE
- Main Building Guide PDF download
- Digital Library Building Guide PDF download
- National Library Brochure PDF download
- Memory Museum Leaflet PDF download
Mon-Sun 09:00 - 18:00 Maps & Geography,
Information Ceter on North Korea: Mon. - fri
(Please Reserve in Advance One Day Before Visiting)
Main Building: closed (until further notice)
Digital Library: closed (until further notice)
Weekends, Public Holidays, Every 2nd and 4th Mondays,
After-Hours Services Not Provided
- Archaic term for Korean
- Greek alphabet
- Parentheses symbol
- Academic Symbols
- Describe symbol
- Latin alphabet
- Russian alphabet
- Unit symbol
- General Symbol
- Roman alphabet
- Subscript · Fractional numbers
- National Library for Children and Young Adults
- National Library of Korea, Sejong
- National Library for the Disabled
- Contact Us TEL +82-2-590-0500 FAX +82-2-590-0530
- Contact a Librarian
- Databases A-Z
- Guides by Subject
- Resources by Type
- Find Books & Articles
- Government Information
- Iowa Digital Library
- Iowa Research Online
- Special Collections & University Archives
- Iowa Women's Archives
- Course Reserves
- Office Delivery
- Borrowing From Another Library & Document Delivery
- Undergraduate Research Services (The SEAM)
- Research Consultations
- Instructional Services
- Research Data Services
- Open Educational Resources
- Distance Education
- Scholarly Publishing & Copyright
- More services...
- Check My Account
- Renew My Books
- My Interlibrary Loan
- Recommend Library Purchase
- EndNote Basic
- Collection Management
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Publications, Plans & Reports
- Make a Gift
- History of the Library
- For the Media
- Research Guides & Tutorials
- Directions & Maps
- Assistance for Users with Disabilities
- All Campus Libraries
- Learning Commons
- Main Library Gallery
- Art Library
- Business Library
- Engineering Library
- Health Sciences Library
- Law Library
- Music Library
- Sciences Library
- Contact a Librarian or the UI Libraries
- Staff directory by name
- Staff directory by organizational unit
- Campus Libraries
Korean Studies: Korean Literature in English
- Additional Resources
- Korean Literature in English
Library of Korean Literature
We just received ten titles in the Library of Korean Literature series published by Dalkey Archive Press trough the HUB Library Program of the Literature Translation Institute of Korea.
Book Donation Program
The University of Iowa Libraries applied for book donation program of the Literature Translation Institute of Korea Library which donates English translations of Korean literature to libraries that are located in important regions around the world. Selected libraries are called Hub Library. Iowa became a Hub Library Member in 2012.
LibGuides from the LTI Korea
Librarian at the Literature Translation Institute of Korea Library has created LibGuides on Korean literature.
- LTI Korea Library
- Korean Authors LibGuide
- LTI Korea's Publications
- Translated Korean Books
- << Previous: Additional Resources
- Last Updated: Sep 25, 2023 12:37 PM
- URL: https://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/koreanstudies
Quick links, dictionaries and reference materials, databases and journals, language and literature, art and culture, data, statistics, and gis, special collections and archives, interdisciplinary databases, requesting articles, purchase request, a key for resource icons.
- East Asian Studies
- Current Newspapers
- Other Libraries' Guides
Happy New Year 2023!
I hope everything is going well with all of you. I am available on site and virtually to help you with your research questions and resources. Please send me an email at [email protected] should you have any questions, or need to set an appointment for research consultation. We can set a personal or Zoom meeting if needed. Thank you and have a great season!
Searching in Korean For research in Korean, searching by Romanization is a reliable way to find Korean materials in Josiah and such databases as WorldCat . Use an authoritative dictionary for Romanization or refer to ALA-LC Romanization Tables for Korean , which library catalogers follow. If you are not familiar with Romanization, search by Korean script. Non-Roman characters and syllables can be searched as keyword, author names, and titles though all subject headings are in English. For more information on searching in non-Roman languages, see this guide by Yale University Library.
Korean Romanization Converter
- Korean alphabet → Roman alphabet
- Revised Romanization of Korean → McCune-Reischauer Romanization
- McCune-Reischauer Romanization → Revised Romanization of Korean
McCune-Reischauer Romanization Rules
Calendar Conversion for C-J-K Dates to Western by USC Library
Quick Guide on Citation Style for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Sources by the Yale University Library .
Glossary of Korean Studies (한국학 영문 용어 용례사전)
Daum Dictionary (다음 사전)
NAVER Hanja Dictionary
NAVER Korean - English Dictionary - 영어사전 - 네이버
Korean History: A Bibliography by Ken Robinson Updating of and a supplement to the annotated bibliography: Studies on Korea, a Scholar's Guide, which was published in 1980 (see “I. General Bibliographies”) classical literature.
East Asia Image Collection Edited by Prof. Paul D. Barclay, it is an open-access archive of digitized photographs, negatives, postcards, and slides of imperial Japan (1868-1945), its Asian empire (1895-1945) and occupied Japan (1947-52).
EncyKorea (한국민족문화대백과사전) Encyclopedia of Korean Culture, Online version of Han'guk minjok munhwa tae sajon , the most frequently used encyclopedia on Korean Studies.
Encyclopedia of Korea ANU Research Publications. By Choe-Wall, Yang Hi; Pettid, Michael J; Mueller, Mark C; Wall, Raymond F.
Korean History On-line (한국역사정보통합시스템) Integrated digital library on Korean history. Includes classical works, ancient documents, historical maps and official court records of the Choson Dynasty.
National Archives of Korea (대한민국 국가기록원) Searchable database which includes over 2 million archival sources.
Who's Who in Korean History (한국역대인물종합정보시스템) Biographical database of over 16,000 Korean historical figures from ancient to modern period.
Data Portal 공공데이터포털 (formerly “ Korea Knowledge Portal ”) The official gateway to South Korean government documents operated by the Korea Agency for Digital Opportunity and Promotion (한국정보문화진흥원). This full-text database links national institutes and is searchable by keyword, author, publisher, subject, format, language, and date.
Korea Integrated News Database System (KINDS) The most comprehensive full-text archive (1990-current) for Korean news, operated by the Korea Press Foundation. Contents include major, local, internet, and industry newspapers, magazines, and TV reports since 1990. These are fully searchable and available in full-text online.
National Digital Library 국가전자도서관 ( English ) ( Korean ) An online catalog bringing together the collections of the National Central Library of Korea (국립중앙도서관), National Assembly Library (국회도서관), and other major libraries in Korea. Limited functionality outside Korea.
RISS (KERIS) 한술연구정보서비스 Research Information Service System is the union catalog of academic libraries in South Korea, China and Japan provided by the Korea Education & Research Information Service (한국교육학술정보원). Books, monographs, theses, dissertations, and articles from Korean academic journals are searchable by title, author, publisher, and date. Some of the materials are available in full-text online along with abstracts.
BBC Selected Newspaper Articles: South Korea 05/18/1998 to Present in Access World News Research Collection
Korean Historic Magazines and Newspapers (한국근현대 신문자료) An integrated full-text database of Korean historical newspapers published from 1905 to 1931.
National Institute of Korean History -- Newspapers 국사편찬위원회 (In KOREAN) NIKH provides image reproductions of 11 historical Korean newspapers including Tonga ilbo (東亞日報) (1920-1962) and Chungang ilbo (中央日報) (1931-1933). Browseable by dates and searchable by keywords.
National Library of Korea Newspaper Archives (대한민국 신문 아카이브) A digital archive of over 80 newspapers from the 1880s through the 1960s. Searchable by newspaper title and article title.
Naver News Library 네이버 디지털뉴스아카이브 (In KOREAN) This archive provides access to PDF files of four Korean newspapers, including Kyŏnghyang sinmun (京鄉新聞) (1946-1999), Tonga ilbo (東亞日報) (1920-1999), Maeil kyŏngje sinmun (每日經濟新聞) (1966-1999), and Hankyure (한겨레) (1988-1999). Browseable by dates and searchable by keywords.
Study Korean (스터디코리안)
The Korean Language Society (한글학회)
Korean Literature - Korean Studies Portal
DB of Korean Classics (한국고전종합DB) Provides full-text images of ancient classics written in Hanmun (Chinese) and translated texts.
Digital Library of Korean Literature (한국문학번역원전자도서관) Multilingual archive of Korean literature, including e-books and bibliographical information on Korean books translated and published in over 40 languages worldwide.
Korean literature - Britannica
Korean literature - Wikipedia
Films related to Korean ( Kanopy Films and Documentaries)
Korean Cinema ( Kanopy Films and Documentaries)
HanCinema Korean movie and drama database.
Korean Film Council (영화진흥위원회) Korean film database searchable by title, director, actor, and year of production.
Korean Film Archive (한국영상자료원) Korean online database of information related to Korean films, animation, television shows, actors, and production crew personnel.
Cultural Heritage Research Knowledge Portal (문화유산연구지식포털) Database of cultural heritage research compiled by the National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage.
Korean National Heritage Online (국가문화유산포털) Provides detailed information about Korean national treasures, historical documents, traditional customs and music.
Korean Traditional Knowledge Portal (한국전통지식포털) The Korean Intellectual Property Office's database of traditional knowledge.
National Museum of Korea (국립중앙박물관)
- Statistics Korea 통계청 Access to KOSIS (Korean Statistical Information System) maintained by the National Statistical Office, the centralized government statistical organization to offer major domestic statistical information on population, social indicators, trade and industry, and more.
ECOS (경제통계) Economic Statistics System, The Bank of Korea.
KSDC (한국사회과학데이터센터) Korean Social Science Data Center
Cultural Heritage GIS Service (문화재공간정보서비스) A searchable GIS service which provides cultural property information. It provides not only description of cultural properties, but also photos, plans, video clips, and much more.
- Kim Koo Korean Collection Includes over 1,800 volumes (mostly Korean language materials with some English books) of literature on Korean history, ranging from the ancient period to the contemporary foundation and democratization of the nation state of South Korea.
Databases Accessible from Library's Website
- Brown Theses and Dissertations This link opens in a new window Search or deposit Brown dissertations and theses. more... less... The Brown University Theses and Dissertations database includes over 15,000 records for dissertations written and submitted in fulfillment of Brown University degree requirements from 1893 to 2000. Included are undergraduate honors theses, master's theses, and doctoral dissertations. Records include the author's name, thesis title, degree awarded, year, granting department, and when available, thesis advisor. [This resource is publicly available.]
- Google Book Search Includes digitized collections from participating libraries. The "About the book" section provides useful bibliographic and other information. When a book is out of copyright, it can be viewed or downloaded it in its entirety; other books are viewable in preview or small snippets only. [This resource is publicly available.]
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new window Broadly search for scholarly literature. Connect Brown University in Google settings to access full text, current. more... less... Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research. Google Scholar includes much of Brown's library materials as well. Look for the "FindIt@Brown" button.
- ILLiad ILLiad is Brown's InterLibrary Loan system, and can be used to request items not held at Brown. Faculty and medical students may also use ILLiad to request electronic delivery of journal articles held only in print.
How to request articles not available online at Brown.
Suggest a library purchase
- Next: East Asian Studies >>
- Last Updated: Aug 25, 2023 5:15 PM
- URL: https://libguides.brown.edu/korean
Brown University Library | Providence, RI 02912 | (401) 863-2165 | Contact | Comments | Library Feedback | Site Map
- Mass Market Paperback
- Kindle $10.48
- Paperback $9.19
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Kindle $14.24
- Paperback $12.49
- Kindle $11.96
- Paperback $10.49
- Kindle $13.19
- Paperback $12.50
- Paperback $12.79
- Kindle $15.91
- Paperback $13.99
- Mass Market Paperback See all buying options
- Paperback See all buying options
- Kindle $18.24
- Paperback $16.00
- Kindle $13.90
- Paperback $12.19
- Kindle $12.98
- Paperback $11.39
Customers who bought from this series also bought
Report an issue with this series
Is this series page incomplete or incorrect? Tell us.
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
No customer reviews
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
- Korean Lang & Literature
- Russian Lang & Literature
- Spanish Lang & Literature
- English Lang & Literature
- Chinese Lang & Literature
- Korean History
- Public Administration
- All DB List
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Collection list
- Library DVDs
- Essential Books (for Each College Students)
- Donated books of The Beautiful Foundation
- Archiving list
- Rare Books (Old Books)
- Rare Books (Old Serials)
- Special Books (Old Books)
- Court Documents from Gyeongseong Regional Court
- Old Books Lining Collection
- 2023 / 09 / 29 FRI(금)
- Main Library 휴관(추석연휴)/Closed
- 30th Memorial Library 09:00 - 17:30
- Centennial Digital Library 휴관(추석연휴)/Closed
- Law Library 휴관(추석연휴)/Closed
- Science & Engineering Library 휴관(추석연휴)/Closed
- --> General Reading Room View detail
- Graduate Student
- Disabled Person
- campaign Library Closure Notice for the Holidays 09-26
- campaign Notice on closure of reading room in Central Plaza 09-26
- campaign Temporarily inaccessible to the Moazine e-Magazine "해외전자잡지" Application 09-22
- campaign 세종학술정보원 간편대출서비스 지연 안내 06-19
- campaign 백주년기념삼성관 및 하나스퀘어 열람실 좌석 자동 반납 시범 운영 안내 06-19
- 2023 로앤비(LAWnB) 퀴즈 이벤트 안내 06-05
- 중앙광장 열람실 대청소 안내(일자 수정) 06-23
- 2023-1학기 하계방학 자료실 운영시간 안내 06-19
- [Completed] Temporarily inaccessible to the Kyobo Based Service (24/09, 00:00 ~ 09:00) 09-21
- 학술정보큐레이션서비스 Newsletter 2023. 06월호 발행 06-21
- 수 10-04 CCL Adobe Photoshop 교육 - 타이포그래피 이미지 만들기 10:30 ~ 12:00
- 수 10-04 CCL Adobe Premiere 교육 - 동영상 편집 13:00 ~ 14:30
- 수 10-04 CCL Adobe Premiere 교육 - 동영상 편집 14:30 ~ 16:00
- 목 10-05 CCL Adobe Premiere 교육 - 사진 스틸 작업 13:00 ~ 14:30
Gifts & Donations
First time visiting?
- Čeština (cs)
- Deutsch (de)
- English (en)
- Español (es)
- Français (fr)
- Hrvatski (hr)
- Italiano (it)
- Português (pt)
- తెలుగు (te)
- Українська (uk)
- Library Explorer
- K-12 Student Library
- Random Book
- Advanced Search
- My Open Library
- Log In Sign Up
- Recent Community Edits
- Help & Support
- Developer Center
- Librarians Portal
Related... search within korean language -->, prolific authors, add to list, create a new list.
Electrostal History and Art Museum
Electrostal History and Art Museum - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)
- (0.19 mi) Elektrostal Hotel
- (1.21 mi) Yakor Hotel
- (1.27 mi) Mini Hotel Banifatsiy
- (1.63 mi) Apelsin Hotel
- (1.18 mi) Elemash
- (0.07 mi) Prima Bolshogo
- (0.13 mi) Makecoffee
- (0.25 mi) Amsterdam Moments
- (0.25 mi) Pechka
- (0.26 mi) Mazhor
Electrostal History and Art Museum Information
- Preplanned tours
- Daytrips out of Moscow
- Themed tours
- Customized tours
- St. Petersburg
The Moscow Metro Tour is included in most guided tours’ itineraries. Opened in 1935, under Stalin’s regime, the metro was not only meant to solve transport problems, but also was hailed as “a people’s palace”. Every station you will see during your Moscow metro tour looks like a palace room. There are bright paintings, mosaics, stained glass, bronze statues… Our Moscow metro tour includes the most impressive stations best architects and designers worked at - Ploshchad Revolutsii, Mayakovskaya, Komsomolskaya, Kievskaya, Novoslobodskaya and some others.
What is the kremlin in russia?
The guide will not only help you navigate the metro, but will also provide you with fascinating background tales for the images you see and a history of each station.
And there some stories to be told during the Moscow metro tour! The deepest station - Park Pobedy - is 84 metres under the ground with the world longest escalator of 140 meters. Parts of the so-called Metro-2, a secret strategic system of underground tunnels, was used for its construction.
During the Second World War the metro itself became a strategic asset: it was turned into the city's biggest bomb-shelter and one of the stations even became a library. 217 children were born here in 1941-1942! The metro is the most effective means of transport in the capital.
There are almost 200 stations 196 at the moment and trains run every 90 seconds! The guide of your Moscow metro tour can explain to you how to buy tickets and find your way if you plan to get around by yourself.