- Technical Support
- Find My Rep
You are here
Conducting Research Literature Reviews From the Internet to Paper
- Arlene Fink - UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
See what’s new to this edition by selecting the Features tab on this page. Should you need additional information or have questions regarding the HEOA information provided for this title, including what is new to this edition, please email [email protected] . Please include your name, contact information, and the name of the title for which you would like more information. For information on the HEOA, please go to http://ed.gov/policy/highered/leg/hea08/index.html .
For assistance with your order: Please email us at [email protected] or connect with your SAGE representative.
SAGE 2455 Teller Road Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 www.sagepub.com
“Fink’s tone, level, and style is very approachable and understandable which makes it ideal for my students, most of whom are new to the process of literature reviews.”
“This book provides rich, useful, details on conducting literature review & constructing evidenced based reviews.”
All of the information in this book was a duplicate of the books adopted.
Excellent content and easy to follow for novice researchers.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Nearly 100 new online research examples and references from the social, behavioral, and health sciences
- Updated case studies using major online databases such as the Web of Science
- More qualitative research examples and guidelines and checklists for evaluating their quality
- An explanation of how “meta-synthesis” is used to interpret and combine the results of qualitative studies
- A brand new glossary of key terms to assist readers in learning about literature reviews
- A discussion of how to account for an article’s impact by interpreting its altmetrics , including attention scores, donut diagrams, and Twitter demographics
- Additional examples of how to write up reviews and how others have done it
- Expansion of the exercises at the end of the chapter to vary difficulty and include more online searching
- An introduction to the GRADE system to evaluate the “risk of bias” in each research article
- Step-by-step procedures and visual examples help readers master every aspect of conducting the literature review process
- Online examples and case studies bring the literature review process to life
- End-of-chapter exercises help readers master key concepts and skills
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Reviewing the Literature: Why? For Whom? How?
Chapter 2: Searching and Screening: The Practical Screen and Methodological Qual
Select a purchasing option, related products.
- Writing, Research & Publishing Guides
Buy new: $53.99
Other sellers on amazon.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required . Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web .
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Conducting Research Literature Reviews: From the Internet to Paper 5th Edition
- eTextbook $30.63 - $48.72 Read with Our Free App
- Paperback $53.99 - $60.00 5 Used from $51.72 12 New from $53.99
Purchase options and add-ons
- ISBN-10 1544318472
- ISBN-13 978-1544318479
- Edition 5th
- Publication date February 28, 2019
- Language English
- Dimensions 6 x 0.69 x 9 inches
- Print length 304 pages
- See all details
- Bought Together
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the author.
Arlene Fink (PhD) is Professor of Medicine and Public Health at the University of California, Los Angeles, and president of the Langley Research Institute. Her main interests include evaluation and survey research and the conduct of research literature reviews as well as the evaluation of their quality. Dr. Fink has conducted scores of evaluation studies in public health, medicine, and education. She is on the faculty of UCLA’s Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and is a scientific and evaluation advisor to UCLA’s Gambling Studies and IMPACT (Improving Access, Counseling & Treatment for Californians with Prostate Cancer) programs. She consults nationally and internationally for agencies such as L’institut de Promotion del la Prévention Secondaire en Addictologie (IPPSA) in Paris, France, and Peninsula Health in Victoria, Australia. Professor Fink has taught and lectured extensively all over the world and is the author of more than 130 peer-reviewed articles and 15 textbooks.
- Publisher : SAGE Publications, Inc; 5th edition (February 28, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1544318472
- ISBN-13 : 978-1544318479
- Item Weight : 15.5 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.69 x 9 inches
- #256 in Medical Psychology Research
- #453 in Research Reference Books
- #639 in Education Research (Books)
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
- Top reviews Most recent Top reviews
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. please try again later..
Top reviews from other countries
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Sell products on Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Amazon and COVID-19
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
- Все продукты »
- Моя библиотека
- Расширенный поиск книг
- Найти в библиотеке
- Все продавцы »
Книги в Google Play
В нашем крупнейшем в мире магазине представлены электронные книги, которые можно читать в браузере, на планшетном ПК, телефоне или специальном устройстве.
Перейти в Google Play »
Отзывы - Написать отзыв
Другие издания - Просмотреть все
Часто встречающиеся слова и выражения, об авторе (2010).
Arlene Fink (PhD) is professor of medicine and public health at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and president of the Langley Research Institute. Her main interests include evaluation and survey research, conducting research literature reviews, and the evaluation of their quality. Dr. Fink has conducted scores of evaluation studies in public health, medicine, and education. She is on the faculty of UCLA’s Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and is a scientific and evaluation advisor to UCLA’s Gambling Studies and IMPACT (Improving Access, Counseling & Treatment for Californians with Prostate Cancer) programs. She consults nationally and internationally for agencies such as L’institut de Promotion de la Prévention Secondaire en Addictologie (IPPSA) in Paris, France, and Peninsula Health in Victoria, Australia. Professor Fink has taught and lectured extensively all over the world and is the author of over 135 peer-reviewed articles and 15 textbooks.
- Article citations
- Biomedical & Life Sci.
- Business & Economics
- Chemistry & Materials Sci.
- Computer Sci. & Commun.
- Earth & Environmental Sci.
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Physics & Mathematics
- Social Sci. & Humanities
Journals by Subject
- Biomedical & Life Sciences
- Chemistry & Materials Science
- Computer Science & Communications
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences & Humanities
- Paper Submission
- Information for Authors
- Peer-Review Resources
- Open Special Issues
- Open Access Statement
- Frequently Asked Questions
Publish with us
Article citations more>>.
Fink, A. (2019). Conducting Research Literature Reviews: From the Internet to Paper. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
has been cited by the following article:
TITLE: A Systematic Literature Review on Massive Open Online Course for Language Learning
KEYWORDS: MOOC , Language Learning , Distance Learning , Systematic Literature Review
JOURNAL NAME: Creative Education , Vol.10 No.12 , November 30, 2019
ABSTRACT: Massive open online course (MOOC) is an online learning tool, especially for distance learning. It has attracted a great deal of attention by higher education institution around the globe. It also gave rise to academic discussion on MOOC impact, design and research. However, researches on MOOC’s impact on language learning are still lacking. Therefore, this study aims to assess the research trend in MOOC for language learning around the globe by using the Systematic Literature Review approach from three databases within periods 2013 until 2018. Ten full assessed articles have been selected from ScienceDirect, ERIC and Research gate. The major findings show that the English language has dominated in language learning using MOOC. It is also revealed that MOOC has the potential to enhance language learning among students in other languages.
- Open Access Editorial Recipients of 2019 AJCC Most Influential Paper Award AJCC Editorial Board American Journal of Climate Change Vol.8 No.3 , September 25, 2019 DOI: 10.4236/ajcc.2019.83023
- Open Access Articles Trace element content of ginger and sage medicinal plants from Algeria Zohra Lamari, Rachid Larbi, Benaouda Yagoubi Health Vol.3 No.9 , September 23, 2011 DOI: 10.4236/health.2011.39091
- Open Access Articles Research on the Dissemination Path of Virtual Reality Book Publications Feifei Han, Zhangzhi Ge, Rongting Zhou Open Journal of Social Sciences Vol.6 No.3 , March 16, 2018 DOI: 10.4236/jss.2018.63007
- Open Access Articles Faculty Attitudes and Interest in Conducting Research at a Teaching Institution—A View from an Evangelical Christian University David M. Compton Creative Education Vol.13 No.7 , July 18, 2022 DOI: 10.4236/ce.2022.137140
- Open Access Articles Research on the Prevention and Control of the Internet Rumor from the Perspective of the Self-Media Xingzhi Zhou, Huihui Feng Journal of Computer and Communications Vol.7 No.3 , March 4, 2019 DOI: 10.4236/jcc.2019.73001
- Journals A-Z
- Publication Fees
- For Authors
- Peer-Review Issues
- Special Issues
- Manuscript Tracking System
- Translation & Proofreading
- Volume & Issue
- Open Access
- Publication Ethics
Full display page
Full display result.
; Conducting research literature reviews : from the internet to paper
Available , 3/F A2 Science & Medicine ; Q 180.55 M4 Fin 2020
(1 copy, 1 available, 0 requests)
Item in place
Sign in to view borrowing privileges, virtual browse.
When conducting research, a literature review is an essential part of the project because it covers all previous research done on the topic and sets the platform on which the current research is based.
A research paper should contain the title, the abstract, methods and results, in addition to a discussion section, literature review and citation of sources. The basic characteristics of a research paper are the same regardless of academic ...
The Keystone Montana High Country, Excel Limited Edition and the Keystone Cougar are highly rated fifth wheel railers.. Other highly rated fifth wheels are the DRV Mobile Suites Estates, the Heartland Sundance and the Grand Design Reflectio...
From the Internet to Paper. Fifth Edition. Arlene Fink - UCLA, Los Angeles, USA. Courses: Literature
Book details · ISBN-10. 1544318472 · ISBN-13. 978-1544318479 · Edition. 5th · Publication date. February 28, 2019 · Language. English · Dimensions. 6 x 0.69 x 9
Offering a step-by-step approach to conducting literature reviews, the Fifth Edition features new research, examples, and references from
The Third Edition of Conducting Literature Reviews: From the Internet to Paper provides readers with an accessible but in-depth look at how to synthesize
"Conducting Research Literature Reviews, Second Edition shows readers how to identify, interpret, and analyze published and unpublished research literature.
Fink, A. (2019). Conducting Research Literature Reviews From the Internet to Paper. Thousand Oaks, CA Sage Publications.
Internal and External Validity. 77. FINK, Arlene. Conducting research literature reviews: From the internet to paper. Sage publications, 2014. Capítulo 2.
to conducting literature reviews, the Fifth Edition features new research, examples
Conducting Research Literature Reviews: From the Internet to Paper 5th Edition is written by Arlene Fink and published by SAGE Publications, Inc. The
Conducting Research Literature Reviews: From the Internet to Paper (3rd ed.) By Arlene Fink, SAGE, Los Angeles, CA (2010) 253 pp., $49.95 (pbk), ISBN 978-
Offering a step-by-step approach to conducting literature reviews, the Fifth Edition features new research, examples, and references from the social